Port wine is of Portuguese origin, it is very sweet and It is used for cooking.This recipe is made by my grandmother.
David Cavia 2º ESO
Pears in Port wine
3 long and firm pears
1 glass of water
2 glasses of Port wine
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- The first thing you have to peel the pears.
- The second you heat the two glasses of water in a casserole dish and you add two glasses of Port wine, two tablespoons of sugar and the cinnamon stick and you put it to heat.
- Then you put the peels pears in the hot mix for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes of cooking you take the pears and cinnamon to a plate.
- The mixture of the casserole has to thicken with more heat. You add cornstarch mixed in water and thicken better.
- Finally you throw the thick mixture over the pears and you have your dessert of «Pears with Port wine».