My proposal is “Chicken Popcorns”. It is like a ball of chicken cover with bread crumbs. I choose this recipe because I like it very much and because it is similar to popcorns the traditional food of the cinema.
Isidro Moroso, 3rd Secondary
- 300 g Boneless chicken
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Maida / All purpose flour
- ½ tsp Pepper pwd
- ¾ tsp Onion pwd
- ½ tsp Garlic pwd
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- a pinch Baking pwd
- 1 ½ cup Bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Clean and chop the boneless chicken into small chunks.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together egg and milk.
- In another shallow bowl, combine maida flour, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, paprika, sugar and baking
- Mix well.
- In another plate, add bread crumbs.
- Keep all the three ingredients ready.
- Now, to start with roll each piece of chicken first in the flour mixture.
- Then dip in the egg mixture.
- Now roll in bread crumbs.
- Once the chicken pieces are coated, once again repeat the process by rolling the chicken bits in the flour mixture, dipping in the egg mixture and rolling in the bread crumbs.
- Keep all the coated chicken pieces ready to fry.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- When the oil is hot and ready, add the chicken pieces in batches.
- Take care not to overcrowd the oil. There should be enough oil for the chicken to be completely deep fried.
- Keep the flame in medium and deep fry the chicken pieces to golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.