Receta propuesta por: Familia Cintrano McCusker
This recipe is basically a chocolate cake decorated like a football pitch. I´ve chosen this recipe because I´ve made it before with my mum for my birthday, and it´s delicious! Although it isn´t very healthy, after playing football you need a treat, and if you like cake this one is perfect! I´ve taken this recipe from Good Housekeeping Cookery Book, from C&B publisher. Here it is:
For the cake, you need:
- 175 g of butter, plus extra to grease
- 175 g of caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 130 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 45 g of cocoa powder
For the icing, you need:
- 75 g unsalted butter, softened
- 175 g of icing sugar, sifted
- 1-2 tbsp of milk
- a few drops of water
- blue and yellow food colouring, to make green food colouring
1. Grease and base-line the cake tin we are going to use. It should be rectangular.
2. Put the butter and caster sugar into a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually beat in the eggs until the mixture is smooth, then gently fold in the flour and cocoa powder using a spatula or wooden spoon.
4. Put the mixture in the cake tin and bake at 180ºC gas mark 4 for about 25 minutes.
5. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes and then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Now we´ll make the icing. Put the butter into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
7. Gradually stir in the icing sugar, a few drops of food colouring, until the shade of green you want, and the milk. Beat well until light and smooth. Spread over the cake when it is cool.
8. Mix together a little more icing sugar and a few drops of water, but make sure the liquid isn´t too runny. Pipe the icing over the cake to draw the lines of the football pitch. If you have any figures of football players or goals, put them on the cake as well.
This is how it could look like, except it wouldn´t say HappyBirthday or Finlay 5.
Actions, Ingredients and Utensils :
- Grease: Engrasar, Poner mantequilla
- Base-line: Poner papel de cocina
- Put: Poner
- Beat: Batir
- Fold: Incorporar
- Cool: Dejar enfriar
- Make: Hacer
- Bake: Hornear
- Stir: Mezclar
- Mix: Remover
- Pipe: Decorar con manga de repostería
- Sift: Tamizar, cerner
- Draw: Dibujar
- Butter: Mantequilla
- Eggs: Huevos
- Self-raising flour: Harina con levadura incorporada
- Icing sugar: Azúcar
- Water: Agua
- Food colouring: Colorante alimenticio
- Milk: Leche
- Cocoa powder: Cacao en polvo
- Cake tin: Molde
- Bowl: Bol
- Spatula: Espátula
- Wooden spoon: Cuchara de madera
- Oven: Horno
- Wire rack: Objeto sobre el que se deja enfriar los bizcochos