TACOS FROM MEXICO
Like fajitas and burritos, tacos are a tortilla stuffed with different
combinations of meats and vegetables, sometimes also legumes.
But then, what,s the difference? Fajitas and burritos are usually prepared
with wheat tortillas, while Mexican taco is prepared with corn tortilla,
somewhat smaller that the previous one.
Jone Eguiraun Sánchez y Elaia Revuelta Cuesta, 2º Secundaria
-500 g of minced beef
-1 small onion
-1 fresh or serrano green chili (you can buy serrano peppers)
-2 cloves of garlic
-1 tablespoon of cumin in powder
-1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) of chili dry
– 1 tablespoon of oregano
– olive oil
– the juice of 1/2 lime
– 8-10 corn tortillas
·Pico de gallo
·Lettuce cut into julienne strips
·Grated cheddar cheese
Preparing the filing
1.Chop de onion, the fresh chili, the cilantro and garlic separately and make reservation.
2. Heat 2 or 3 tablespoons of oil. In a frying pan and fry with the oregano, cumin and dried chili, about two minutes until it starts to release an aroma.
3. Add the garlic and chili and fry 2 or 3 more minutes.
4. Add the meat, salt and stir, and cook until the meat is cooked, about 10 minutes.
1. Heat the tortillas in the oven for 1 0r 2 minutes, they just have to heat them up.
2. You can also brown them a little as we have seen before (hanging from the grid) if you want them to be crispy. Fill with the meat and serve by bringing the ingredients to the to accompany separately, so that each one prepares their taco as they prefer.